Frequently Asked Questions
- I sent in my water test results but still haven't received my license. Why not?
- I paid for my renewal online but still haven't received my license. Why?
- I'm trying to complete my transaction by entering my credit card information, but it doesn't appear to be working.
- What is a CVV code?
- After I renewed my license it now tells me that its pending a water test. Where do I mail the water test to?
- How do I know for sure that I need to send water test results?
- Where can I obtain a water test kit?
- Im trying to renew my license but the service is not allowing me to do so. Why cant I renew my license?
- How long will it take to receive my license after I renew online?
- What changes can I make to my license information?
- Why is the license charge less than my actual license fee?
- Why is my license fee more than last year?
- Are Health Inspection Program licenses transferrable?
- Where is my PIN #?
- Can I change my PIN # to something easier to remember?
- Are there any special requirements for Tattooists and Body Piercers?
- Can I get an email reminder when its time to renew my license?
- What benefit is there to me for using this service?
Did you write your Establishment ID # on the water test results before faxing or sending it in? We must have the Establishment ID number on the form so we can enter the information in the correct place.
Your license may have been placed on hold due to unresolved compliance issues.
You must enter your name EXACTLY as it appears on your credit card. For example, if your name is listed as JOHN Q PUBLIC on your credit card, you must enter JOHN Q PUBLIC (not just JOHN PUBLIC, for instance) or the transaction will not complete.
The CVV code is the 3 digit Card Verification Value shown on the back of your VISA or MasterCard credit/debit cards. It verifies that you have the card in hand when completing a transaction.
The water test can be mail or faxed. You must put your Establishment ID# and Confirmation # on the water test before faxing or mailing it! You can fax it to 207-287-3165 or you can mail it to: Health Inspection Program, 286 Water St, 11 SHS, Augusta Me 04333-0011. Once a satisfactory water test is received, your license will be mailed to you.
If this statement Please enclose a copy of a satisfactory water test taken within the last year, to include total coliform (bacteria) and nitrate" is printed below your license fee on the License Renewal Notice, then you must submit water test results to this office. Your license will be held until we receive satisfactory water test results.
You may go to the following website for information on obtaining a water test kit: http://www.informe.org/hetl/. You can also click on Order Online to order a kit.
Here are the following reasons why you may not be able to renew your license: 1. Your license has already expired. You need to call our offices at 207-287-5671. 2. It is more than 60 days prior to your license expiration date. 3. You are using the incorrect combination of your Est ID # and PIN #. Please refer to your License Renewal Notice to be sure you're entering in the correct numbers. 4. You had a temporary food or campground license in past years. You must submit a new application for any temporary license types.
Plan on at least 14 days to receive your license.
You can change your mailing address, phone number, email address, seasonal operation dates and times and contact person information.
You may have had a credit balance that was applied to your renewal fee.
License fees were increased effective January 18, 2011. Visit this site to view the current fee schedule: http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/environmental-health/el/site-files/forms/HIP%20FEE%20SCHEDULE.pdf
NO. If there is a change of ownership, a new application must be submitted to the Health Inspection Program.
Your PIN # is located on your License Renewal Notice to the right of your EST ID #.
Yes, call the office @ 207-287-5671 and they can change your PIN # for you.
Yes, you need to provide proof of attendance at a blood borne pathogen training program within the last 3 years. If one is not on file, we will notify you and hold your license until one is provided.
Yes, on the Confirmation page after you complete your transaction, there will be a "Renewal Reminder Signup" button. Click on that to sign up for the email reminders.
There are several benefits to using this service. 1. If you have a credit balance, that credit will be subtracted from your total amount due when your transaction is processed! 2. The ability to use your credit card. Our office can only accept checks, money orders or cash at this time. 3. You can renew from the privacy of your own home. 4. You don't have to worry about your renewal being lost or delayed in the mail, possibly incurring late charges. 5. Perhaps you've forgotten to renew until the last minute? You may renew up until the day that your current license expires, so as not to incur late fees! 6. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 7. It has a fully accessible interface for those with disabilities so that they may complete renewals independently.