NOTE: THIS IS A NON-REFUNDABLE SERVICE
- Where can I find the form to authorize this check?
- I already have in inforME account I use for other services. Do I need to set up a new account, or can I use my existing account?
- Do I need an inforME account in order to use this service?
- Can I run a check on myself and have results returned to my email?
- Who do I call if I am experiencing technical issues (i.e. form not uploading, error messages, etc.)?
- How does the email authorization work?
- If I am using the email authorization option, do I also need to get a signed form from the individual?
- Can I use a program such as DocuSign or HelloSign to sign the form?
- How long will it take me to get results?
- How long will I have to access the results via the link sent to me?
- I received two results letters for the same individual and transaction number. Was I charged twice?
- I sent in a second request for the same individual. Can I get a refund for the first request?
- Will the subject(s) alias(es) show up on the results letter?
It is located on the right side of the screen on the homepage of the portal under Service Information, titled Authorization Form for Child Abuse Registry Background Check (DOC).
You can use your existing account. If you are having trouble logging in, please call 207-621-2600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No, if you do not have an InforME account, you can use a credit card to pay for your background check(s).
This depends on the purpose of your request. If you currently are or will be engaged in child-related activities or employment or activities or employment related to adults with ID, autism, and related conditions making them vulnerable, the check will be permitted. You must note the purpose of the check, as well as the name of the agency/employer you are/will be working with (if applicable) in the comments section, or your request will NOT be processed.
Please call InforME customer service at 207-621-2600 or email email@example.com.
When using the email authorization option, you will need the subject(s) email. The subject will need to click a link that will be sent to their email to authorize. If the subject does not authorize the check within 30 days, the request will be closed and you will get an email notifying you of this. The link will be sent to the individual multiple times within this time frame if it has not been authorized.
No, you only need one form of authorization. Please note that you should inform the individual if you will be using their email for authorization, so they know to expect the email and can authorize it in a timely manner.
Yes, as long as you provide the tracking document that shows the individual received and signed the document. We cannot accept forms where the individual typed their name for a signature. The signature must be verified or hand-signed.
Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your results. If you have not received results after 5 business days, use your confirmation number to check the status of your request. If it shows as “Holding,” the individual has been held for further review. If it shows as “Pending Review One,” there may be an issue with the request, or if email authorization was used, we may be waiting for the individual to authorize the request. Please check the email you used to request as we may have tried to contact you regarding the request. If you have any further questions regarding the status of your request, you may contact the Background Check Unit at 207-624-7965 or email us at DHHS.CPSClearance@maine.gov.
It is recommended you save the results as soon as possible, as we are not responsible for keeping record of the results once sent out. From the date the email was sent, you will have 30 days before the link expires. At that point, you will no longer be able to access the results. If you request that we send the results out to you again, the new link will still only work within the original 30-day period. In the situation where your link(s) have expired because the 30 days has passed, you will need to put another request into the portal.
No, you will not be charged twice. Sometimes due to human or computer error the results will get sent multiple times. Additional charges are not added at that time.
No, you will be charged twice, we do not process refunds. If you make a mistake in an entry, contact the BCU at 207-624-7965 to inquire whether you will need to submit a new request.
Yes, but you must enter the alias(es) into the corresponding fields when requesting the check, or they will not show up on the results letter. If you do not put them into the corresponding fields, the Department is NOT responsible for any substantiations under that/those alias(es).
Questions about this Service? Contact DHHS at: (207) 624-7965 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org