This online service is available to all sellers and servers of alcoholic beverages within the State of Maine. All required training material is available for review online prior to completing the assessment. Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will receive a printable certificate.
Who needs to get certified?
- Sellers and servers of alcoholic beverages within the State of Maine should be certified.
- There is an $18 charge that includes the cost of the training material, the exam and the certificate of completion. This service is provided by a third party working in partnership with the State of Maine. The total amount you pay includes funds to develop, maintain and enhance the State's official web portal, Maine.gov, and Maine.gov online services like this one.
- Policy Developer: Develop a policy for selling and serving alcohol
- Card ME: Model resources to assist you with identifying and stopping the sale or serving of alcohol to minors
- Occurrence Log and Other Materials: Develop an occurrence log book from these examples
- Administrative Rules Governing Liquor: Review the Bureau's Administrative Rule
- Title 28-A Liquor Laws: Review the Maine State Law
- ID Checking Guide: The ID Checking Guide provides everything you need to know about verifying identification documents. Available for purchase online.
What you will need
- An account to access the service
- A valid email address (you may only use an email address one time per account)
- Driver's License or State Identification Number
- A Visa or Mastercard credit/debit card
- Paper and pen for taking notes if desired
Questions about this service? Contact BABLO at: (207) 287-6753 or by email at MaineSpirits@Maine.gov.
Account Sign In
Sign in to access your account.