Welcome to the Maine Burn Permit System
This online service allows you to request an open burning permit from 9am - Midnight, 7 days a week
Who Can Use this Service?
- Individuals seeking to burn brush piles, wood debris and agricultural burns only
- Permits are only valid when the daily fire danger rating is low or moderate
Who Cannot Use this Service?
- Campfire permits are NOT issued through this service. Please contact the local fire department or the MFS Regional Headquarters (M - F between 8am and 4pm).
- Augusta 207-624-3700
- Old Town 207-827-1800
- Ashland 207-435-7963
What you will need
- The physical address where the burn will occur and material being burned.
- A printed copy of the permit, or the ability to show it on a mobile device.
Questions about this service? Contact the Maine Forest Service at: (800) 750-9777 or email Maine.ForestRangers@maine.gov