it is called
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a qualifying contribution?
- Can I use this service to make a seed money contribution to a candidate?
- When can I make a qualifying contribution?
- Who can make a qualifying contribution or donation to the Maine Clean Election Fund?
- Other important information
- Information for candidates
A qualifying contribution is a contribution of $5 or more made in support of a candidate who wants to run for office as a Maine Clean Election Act candidate.
Candidates must raise a certain number of qualifying contributions to show they have community support from individual voters who are registered in their district.
No. Seed money contributions must be made directly to the candidate. To look up their mailing address, use the Search function on the Ethics Commission’s public disclosure site at www.mainecampaignfinance.com
Qualifying contributions are accepted from January 1, 2020 through October 13, 2020.
- Only individuals can make qualifying contributions.
- You must be registered to vote in the candidate's district.
- Anyone can make a donation to the Maine Clean Election Fund.
- Qualifying contributions can only be made with the contributor's personal funds.
- Contributions made with a business credit card will not be counted.
- The candidate cannot give anything in exchange for the contribution.
- There is no fee for using this service.
- You will need a valid debit or credit card (VISA or MasterCard).
- You may see the qualifying contributions you have received by logging into your administrative site using the “Candidate Login” on the right hand side of the page at www.maine.gov/cleanelections
- Enter the same username and password you use to log into the eFiling site. Call the Ethics Commission at (207) 287-4179 if you do not have that information
Questions about this service? Contact the Ethics Commission at (207) 287-4179 or firstname.lastname@example.org